no images were found
This park is located near GH-7 Circle, sector 28 of Gandhinagar.
- It is a preferred garden for one day picnic by families from Gandhinagar and surroundings. (Ref. Figure 2-2)
- Main approach to the park is from GH road and road No. 7
- Area : Approximately 1,44,522 Sq M.
Concept of Landscape Design:
- Sector 28 garden has been the most well known park from Gandhinagar and has been
most favourite spot for recreation for generations. People from Gandhinagar and
Ahmedabad have their fond memories for this garden.
- This becomes an excellent opportunity to facelift the existing facilities garden provides
along with introducing new features.
- Proposed concept for Sector 28 garden will offer fun filled whole day out meant for entire
family; Kids to elders to old people.
- Proposed design will provide something for everyone that the park will offer through active
and passive recreation alternatives.
Landscape Features based on concept:
- Senior Citizens
Pavilion for Meditation, Group talks: Covered Pavilion to be designed that can accommodate group of senior citizens to practice yoga, hold group talks or to play group games such as Carom, Chess & Cards.
Butterfly Garden: Semi-covered area with Shrubs, Creepers, Climbers and Ground planted additional to existing trees useful in attracting butterflies. Gujarat has total 50 number of butterfly species, information regarding the same could be displayed at various locations in the butterfly garden.
Bird Watching: Sector 28 Garden has well grown trees in abundance, which attracts large number of bird. Gandhinagar alone is favoured habitat for 329 species of birds. Garden location and flora diversity is useful to promote activity of bird watching.